Oxford Tree-Ring Laboratory - Massachusetts
(a) South-west block Felling dates: Spring 1697
South-east wing Felling dates: Winter 1712/13
a) Tiebeam 1696(12¼C); Principal post 1693(14); (b) Corner posts 1712(C), 1709, 1698; Wall plate 1712(C), Joists 102, 1697; Timbers reused as struts (1/2) 1712(14C). Site Master 1521-1712 DDM (t = 10.4 BOSTON02; 9.2 NEWPORT1; 8.9 BOSTON01; 7.0 ALC4X).
The Dwight-Derby House in Medfield is documented to have originally been constructed in about 1652 by Timothy and Mary Dwight. Timothy Dwight remarried in 1669 and it was thought that the house was doubled in size at that time. Their youngest son John inherited the property and married in 1696. It is he who built the existing south-west block which has subsequently been remodelled. In 1713 the house was extended to the east with a cross-wing, possibly replacing one of the earlier phases of the house.
Oxford Dendrochronology Laboratory Unpublished Report 2007/39
The Oxford Tree-Ring Laboratory provides cutting-edge commercial dendrochronological services to homeowners, architectural historians, and cultural resource managers. READ MORE
Oxford Tree-Ring LaboratoryProprietors
25 E. Montgomery St.
Baltimore, MD 21230